The timeline shows a breakdown of how the announcement was delivered to staffers Monday morning, how the announcement would be handled on social media sites and the ultimate media announcement.
The timeline for the days following Bell's announcement includes these entries:
- SEPTEMBER 20 - GALA
- Governor publicly thanks LG and LG has opportunity to personally thank supporters
- SEPTEMBER 24,25
- Legal review, financial review and background check for Lt. Governor nominee ASAP
- Media training and preparation sessions with Lt. Governor nominee
- Media announcement materials gathered and prepared: background research, biography, headshot, family photo, candid photos
- Talking point prepared for Lt. Governor nominee and Governor
- SEPTEMBER 26 (BACKUP DATE: OCT 1)
- 12:00 p.m. Media alert distributed for 2 p.m. Gold Room event
- 2:00 p.m. Governor announces choice for LG in Gold Room press conference, announcement has delayed effective date following Oct. 16 or Nov. 20 Senate confirmation.
A spokesperson for the Governor's office tells Utah Policy the dates in the timeline are "just suggestions and not set in stone." They add that a final timeline will depend on the availability of the governor's final choice, whomever that may be.
They did not dispute the authenticity of the document.