An analysis by Wall Street 24/7 ranks Huntsman Corporation as #7 among corporations making political donations during the 2012 election. Huntsman has donated more than $2.5 million, most of it coming from founder Jon Huntsman, Sr.
In the span of four months, from October 2011 through January 2012, Huntsman donated $2.2 million over 10 payments to Our Destiny PAC, a group that supported the presidential candidacy of his son, Jon Huntsman Jr. Roughly 99% of the donations was to Our Destiny, according to the Center for Responsive Politics, while direct contributions to candidates and parties accounted for the remaining 1%, or just $28,350.
The largest donor so far is Las Vegas Sands Corp., owned by billionaire Sheldon Anderson. He has donated nearly $12 million so far.