The first quarter of 2021 is in the books! Today is April Fool’s Day, something that has been celebrated for hundreds of years. No mean tricks, please. They’re really not funny. Also, today is National Burrito Day. Not kidding. Check out this list of places you can get some sweet burrito deals.
April is a month of many things. It’s National Child Abuse Awareness Month, National Autism Awareness Month, National Volunteer Month, Sexual Assault Awareness Month and Stress Awareness Month, among other important topics.
5 things you need to know
- Dixie State University is asking for community input on the name change. Go here to weigh in.
- The LDS Church updated their General Handbook and the section on vaccinations continues to emphasize their importance, something the church has emphasized since at least 1978.
- In spite of zero public support and some strong opposition, the two remaining Utah County commissioners voted to move the entire budget office out from under the clerk/auditor’s office and put it under their control.
- George Takei tweeted about Governor Cox’s emotional statement during the session, saying “This is quite moving. Bravo, sir. We need more of this compassion in politics, particularly from Republicans.”
- Goodbye empty middle seats. Delta is selling all seats again beginning May 1. It was one nice perk of pandemic travel.
13 days until the end of the Cox/Henderson administration’s first 100 days (04/14/2021)
23 days until the United Utah Party Organizing Convention (04/24/2021)
29 days until the Biden/Harris administration’s first 100 days are up (04/30/2021)
30 days until the in-person Utah GOP Organizing Convention (05/01/2021)
163 days until half-way through the Cox/Henderson’s administration’s 500-day plan (09/11/2021)