Ted Cruz has already declared his candidacy for president in 2016. He's one of the first in what could be the largest field of GOP candidates in recent history.
The Hill says there could be as many as 20 candidates for president on the GOP side. For comparison, in 2011 the field of candidates never got larger than 10 that year.
Who else could we see announce a run?
- Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush
- Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker
- Kentucky Senator Rand Paul
- Florida Senator Marco Rubio
- New Jersey Governor Chris Christie
- Neurosurgeon Ben Carson
- Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee
- Former Texas Governor Rick Perry
- South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham
- Ohio Governor John Kasich
- Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal
- Former HP CEO Carly Fiorina
- Former UN Ambassador John Bolton
- New York Congressman Peter King
- Former New York Governor George Pataki
- Former Virginia Governor Jim Gilmore
- Former Maryland Governor Bob Ehrlich
Additionally, former IRS Commissioner Mark Everson has already declared his candidacy for the GOP nomination.