Written by Bryan Schott, Managing Editor
Category: Briefing Local
- POLL: 51% of Utahns think the Trump campaign did not collude with Russia during the 2016 election [Utah Policy].
- President Donald Trump's allies are ready to ramp up their attacks on Mitt Romney if he decides to run for Senate in 2018 [Utah Policy].
- A Canadian uranium mining firm lobbied the Trump administration to reduce the size of the Bears Ears National Monument [Utah Policy].
- Our "Political Insiders" are sharply divided along partisan lines over whether President Trump's changes to two national monuments in Utah will withstand a court challenge [Utah Policy].
- Is Sen. Orrin Hatch really preparing to run for an eighth term in 2018? [Deseret News]
- There have been five lawsuits (so far) filed against President Trump's decision to reduce two national monuments in Utah. Who will win those legal actions? [Washington Post]
- President Donald Trump is not creating many fans among the Native American population with some of his decisions since he took office [Tribune].
- The Utah County Republican Party sets January 9th for the special election to replace Rep. Dean Sanpei [Daily Herald].
- The calls for embattled Utah County Commissioner Greg Graves to resign are growing louder [Deseret News].
- Black Lives Matter is working to open a chapter in Utah County [Daily Herald].