Good Monday morning from Salt Lake City.
Space Force. White supremacist rally outnumbered by counterprotesters. Omarosa recorded her firing in the Situation Room.
- 57 days until the last day to register to vote by mail (10/9/2018)
- 64 days until mail-in ballots are sent to voters (10/16/2018)
- 71 days until in-person early voting begins (10/23/2018)
- 78 days until the last day to register to vote in person or by mail (10/30/2018)
- 80 days until in-person early voting ends (11/2/2018)
- 85 days until the 2018 midterm elections (11/6/2018)
- 168 days until the first day of the 2019 Utah Legislature (1/28/2019)
- 213 days until the final day of the 2019 Utah Legislature (3/14/2019)
- 813 days until the 2020 presidential election (11/3/2020)
SUBSCRIBE TO THIS NEWSLETTER
Thanks for reading Utah's must-read daily political news roundup. If you would like to subscribe to our morning newsletter, you can SIGN UP HERE.
GOT A NEWS TIP?
HERE ARE THE STORIES YOU SHOULD PAY ATTENTION TO TODAY
Space Force no go
Our "Political Insiders" don't think the Trump administration's plan to create a Space Force branch of the military is not a good idea - http://bit.ly/2vDja5y
Consumer prices increasing
Even though gas prices are starting to fall, housing prices are driving an overall increase in consumer prices - http://bit.ly/2nznU7O
OTHER UTAH HEADLINES
Salt Lake Tribune
- A planned white supremacist rally in Washington, D.C. on Sunday was dwarfed by thousands of counterprotesters - https://wapo.st/2w5X9vl
- Rep. Keith Ellison, who is running for Minnesota Attorney General, is denying allegations posted on social media that he behaved abusively toward a former girlfriend - https://politi.co/2wbSY1t
- The White House is exploring legal options after Omarosa Manigault Newman claimed she recorded chief of staff John Kelly firing her in the Situation Room - https://cnn.it/2w3kyxC
- New York Congressman Chris Collins reverses course and has suspended his re-election campaign after being arrested for insider trading. He originally said he would continue his campaign - https://abcn.ws/2w4Qodt
- President Trump's learning curve on foreign diplomacy has been a steep one during his first year in office, including attempting to call foreign leaders at awkward times - https://politi.co/2w3ZSpk
- Some of the most vulnerable Republicans in Congress this election cycle are several up and coming party leaders - http://bit.ly/2w7si1y
- Six new wildfires erupted in the U.S. this weekend, pushing the number of major fires to more than 100 - https://reut.rs/2w3AjEH
- Victims of wildfires who want to rebuild their homes are finding prices for building materials are skyrocketing because of President Trump's trade war - http://bit.ly/2vYQLpG
- Boring but important: GDP growth is slowing down across the globe, which is contributing to fears of an economic downturn - https://on.mktw.net/2w4Gh8m
- Privacy alert! Google still tracks your movements via smartphone even if you turn off those settings - http://bit.ly/2w4AyQ9
ON THIS DAY IN HISTORY
- 1889 - William Gray patented the coin-operated telephone.
- 1961 - East Germany closed the Brandenburg Gate. Construction of the Berlin Wall is started.
HOW ARE WE DOING?
We're always working to improve and would love your feedback on how UtahPolicy.com can serve you better.
Email your thoughts, suggestions or complaints to: