Cycling Utah, a bicycling news organization, has released a survey of the views of the candidates for Salt Lake City Mayor on transportation and bicycling.
Transportation is a key component of a vibrant city and affects everything from air quality to safety. Cycling is a healthy and fun form of transportation and recreation that improves livability, health, and economy in Salt Lake City. Cycling Utah asked each candidate ten in-depth questions to provide information to Salt Lake City’s citizens regarding each candidates' outlook on cycling and transportation.
Cycling Utah asked each candidate questions on:
1. The Salt Lake City Transportation Master Plan
2. Vision for bicycling in Salt Lake City
3. Climate Change and Transportation
4. Salt Lake City’s Complete Streets Ordinance
5. UDOT’s Role within Salt Lake City
6. Implementing the 2015 Pedestrian and Bicycle Master Plan
7. Committing to Vision Zero
8. Views on electric scooters
9. The biggest issue for cyclists in Salt Lake City
10. The candidate’s use of bicycles
The candidate survey is online here: http://www.cyclingutah.
For reference, Mayor Biskupski’s answers to Cycling Utah's 2015 survey are here: