On Wednesday, January 13, 2021, at 10:30 AM, the Coalition of Religious Communities will broadcast its preview of the 2021 session of the Utah Legislature on Facebook Live on the Crossroads Urban Center Facebook Page.
Topics to be discussed will include:
- Why Utah needs to do more to reduce family homelessness.
- How recent improvements to federal housing credits increase the value of state investments in affordable housing.
- How Medicaid can be used to fund outreach and case management for families that have experienced homelessness,
The following are scheduled to speak:
- Sarah Brundage Senior Director of Public Policy at Enterprise Community Partners
- Senator Luz Escamilla, Utah State Senate, District 1
- Rev. Joan Bell-Haynes, Executive Regional Minister, Central Rocky Mountain Region, Christian Church (Disciples Of Christ), USA and Canada
- Senator Derek Kitchen, Utah State Senate, District 2 Rev.
- Karen Oliveto, Bishop, Mountain Sky Conference of the United Methodist Church
- Jennifer Sullivan, Director of Housing and Health Integration at the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities