The pandemic brought a newfound appreciation for suburban America, especially among renters working from home. With more apartment-dwellers embracing life outside of the big cities, RentCafé, a nationwide apartment search website, wanted to see which suburbs are well equipped to receive new residents.
According to RentCafé's latest study, suburban Utah added close to 13,900 new units over the last 5 years, with Sandy taking the lead in apartment deliveries. The city secured a spot in the top 20 U.S. booming suburbs with the most newly built rentals since 2016.
Here are the highlights:
- With 2,432 units delivered in the last five years, Sandy is the 11th suburb in the U.S. by the number of apartments built since 2016 and the 1st in its state.
- The Utah suburb is followed by South Salt Lake with 1,547 units and Draper with 1,264 new apartments.
- Sandy boasts a 48% share of new rentals, meaning almost half of the city's apartment supply was developed in the last five years.
- These apartments spread across eight new buildings of one to three stories high, divided mostly into garden-type communities.
- Utah's booming suburbs are less than 30 miles away from the urban cores, making them even more appealing for a suburban lifestyle not far away from the city.
You can check out the complete study here.