COME SEE AND EXPERIENCE:
ORIGINAL ARTIFACTS, MEMORABILIA, PHOTOGRAPHS AND WORKS OF ART
When: April 1, 2021 to May 31, 2021, open from 10:00 – 5:30 - Closed Sundays
Where: Anthony’s Fine Art & Antiques
401 East 200 South, Salt Lake City
The story of the Salt Lake Temple is one of suffering, sacrifice, patience, love, commitment, talent, dediction, and joy. Join in-person and follow its story from groundbreaking to dedication and on.
The legacy that the pre-renovated temple is leaving behind will forever be a part of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this exhibit, Remembering the Salt Lake Temple, which is truly a celebration. Those attending will see photos, artifacts, and memorabilia of the early days of the temple. They will feel a part of the construction and dedication and will see photographs of elements that they may have never seen before.
As we begin to make new memories in and around a renovated temple, together we will forever remember the past 167 years of th ebuilding and life of the celebrated “House of the Lord.” Now, come join and be a part of the construction and dedication in this celebration of the early days of the temple.
Some of the items on exhibit:
- Original photographs of various stages of the temple’s construction and dedication
- Dedication tickets for the first session and seldom-seen artifacts.
- Period paintings and 19th Century prints
- Documents, glass and ceramic dedication items honoring its construction
- Wilford Woodruff’s hat & monogramed handkerchief.
Many items on loan from several important private collections.