- Mastercard to let merchants accept some cryptocurrencies directly later this year (MarketWatch) - The company will be looking for cryptocurrencies that respect the privacy of consumer information, follow compliance procedures and “offer the stability people need in a vehicle for spending, not investment.”
- Microsoft approached Pinterest about a takeover in recent months (Seeking Alpha) - The talks are not currently active.
- Biden Administration Pauses Trump's TikTok Ban, Backs Off Pressure To Sell App (NPR) - The White House is undertaking a wide-ranging probe into how Chinese-owned technology companies could potentially pose a risk to Americans' privacy and data security.
- Postal Service Sets Major Operational Restructuring (Yahoo! Finance) - The Postal Service provided no details or a specific timetable in its announcement.
- Uber’s food-delivery growth fails to offset rideshare decline (Financial Times) - Company loses $6.8bn in 2020 as pandemic continues to drag down revenue.
- Written by Herb Scribner
- Category: Business