- Putin’s Interest Piqued by Elon Musk's Clubhouse Chat Offer (The Daily Beast) - “Would you like join me [sic] for a conversation on Clubhouse?” Musk tweeted at the official Kremlin account on Feb. 13, after which he posted in Russian, “It would be a great honor to talk to you.”
- Bitcoin hits a record high of nearly $50,000 as major firms flock to crypto (CNBC) - Bitcoin’s price more than quadrupled in 2020 and is up more than 60% since the start of this year.
- Volkswagen is exploring flying vehicles in China (CNN) - Europe's largest automaker said in a statement on Tuesday that "vertical mobility" could be the next step after self-driving technology. China is the world's largest autos market and is also Volkswagen's single biggest customer.
- US oil rises above $60 as Texas gets pummeled with ice and snow (CNN) - Oil is back, thanks to a strange brew of vaccines, economic optimism and a wintry mix in the Deep South.
- This Blizzard Exposes The Perils Of Attempting To ‘Electrify Everything’ (Forbes) - Rather than make our networks and critical systems more resilient and less vulnerable to disruptions caused by extreme weather, bad actors, falling trees, or simple negligence, electrifying everything would concentrate our dependence on a single network, the electric grid, and in doing so make nearly every aspect of our society prone to catastrophic failure if — or rather, when — a widespread or extended blackout occurs.
- Written by Herb Scribner
- Category: Business