- Elon Musk Loses $15 Billion in a Day After Bitcoin Warning (Bloomberg) - Elon Musk is no longer the world’s richest person after Tesla Inc. shares slid 8.6% on Monday, wiping $15.2 billion from his net worth. He is now worth only $183.4 billion.
- What It’s Like to Survive a Winter Storm in Texas—and Receive a $3,000 Power Bill (Slate) - Many of these cases came from a small company in Houston called Griddy, which offers wholesale prices to customers (with a $10 monthly fee).
- The market is getting nervous about Powell's testimony this week (CNBC) - Normally nonevents for the market, the central bank leader’s comments will be viewed closely this week for how he views this year’s run-up in bond yields.
- This app is leading the way for social audio (Deseret News) - Clubhouse doesn’t ask users to post anything. The social aspect is all live, only audio and people are tuning in by the millions.
- WhatsApp to switch off messages for all who reject new terms (BBC) - The update is aimed at enabling payments to be made to businesses.
- Written by Herb Scribner
- Category: Business