- The US Commission on International Religious Freedom calls out religious freedom violations from 2020.
- Court packing? This isn’t the first time this bad idea has come forward
- Utah Supreme Court deliberating who decides the future of Salt Lake City land use. The outcome of the Utah Inland Port Authority lawsuit won’t just decide fate of port, but set statewide precedent for city powers
- Survey shows preference for Dixie State’s current name. Other top choices? St. George and Deseret State universities.
- Utah Sen. Mitt Romney opposes Biden plan to pull U.S. troops from Afghanistan while other GOP members of Utah’s congressional delegation support Biden’s plan to withdraw all U.S. troops by Sept. 11
- LDS Church donates funds and formed a new partnership to help sex trafficking victims in Hawaii.
- Enough talking — becoming a climate science leader takes a lot more than a promise
Salt Lake Tribune
- Former Arizona politician sentenced for human smuggling in Utah in cases of adoption fraud.
- Utah Pride Center boss Rob Moolman stepping down after an active, sometimes-stormy tenure
- Salt Lake City Council seeks replacement to take over west-side seat as District 2 council member Andrew Johnston steps down to direct homelessness policy and outreach.
- Astrid S. Tuminez: Making Utah Valley University a ‘green’ campus in more ways than one
- Who will control Salt Lake City’s inland port? Utah Supreme Court wades into the legal land battle.
Other Utah News Sources
- Provo Municipal Council asked if diversity in Provo matters (Daily Herald)
- Utah County Commission approves budget changes, clearing way for property tax rollback (Daily Herald)
- Spanish Fork City Council adjusts accessory dwelling unit policy to align with new law (Daily Herald)
- Former GOP leader insists he acted fast against harassment claims, says he's being 'Kavanaughed' (KUTV)
- How a Utah renter fought back after being asked for sex to forgive overdue rent (KUTV)
- Day after Chauvin verdict, Cox, Henderson ceremonially sign 12 police reform bills into law (KUTV)
- IN FOCUS Discussion: Derek Chauvin’s murder trial verdict (ABC4)
- Ex Mantua Police Chief speaks out after termination, says he was ‘cheated’ (ABC4)
- Sen. Mike Lee, Rep. Chris Stewart hold virtual town hall (Fox13)
- There were 590 new cases in Utah on Wednesday, the most in a single day since April 6 and 3 new deaths. The number of Utahns fully vaccinated against the coronavirus reached almost 820,000. (Salt Lake Tribune)
- The Tokyo Olympics are fast approaching and COVID-19 vaccinations are recommended but not mandatory for the athletes. (Deseret News)
- Utah County senior companionship program pushing through COVID-19 pandemic (Daily Herald)
- Early data indicates another possible rise in Utah coronavirus cases (KSL)
- Utah in jeopardy of not reaching COVID-19 herd immunity (KUTV)
- Utah's COVID-19 long haulers optimistic about federal research bill (KUTV)
- India records world’s biggest single-day rise in coronavirus cases, reporting 314,835 new daily cases (Reuters)
- U.S. sees unprecedented drop in vaccinations over past week as they decline 11 percent (Washington Post)