- The Supreme Court is rescuing religion from the pandemic. A slew of Supreme Court precedent has put religion on a stronger legal footing than it enjoyed a year ago.
- It’s time for Utah to transition to clean energy. Polling shows 94% of Utahns believe air quality is integral to health.
- What does Mike Lee think of President Biden’s first 100 days? ‘He makes Barack Obama look like Ted Cruz.”
- Six questions for Dr. Roderic Land, an expert on race relations, and why we need to start seeing each other as human beings
- A passport office in Salt Lake City? Utah Sen. Mitt Romney wants to make it happen
Salt Lake Tribune
- Asked to rate Biden, here’s what Mike Lee and Chris Stewart said after the laughter stopped.
- Navajo Nation solar project will cement San Juan County’s position as exporter of renewable energy
- Volunteers present spruced-up farm to widow of North Ogden Mayor Brent Taylor. Charitable landscapers and garden suppliers upgraded the mini-farm for Jennie and her children two years after her husband’s death in Afghanistan.
Other Utah News Sources
- Ogden River: A story of unloved waters? (KSL)
- Remember the Sandy developer who canceled contracts? He raised prices $151K. Buyers are speaking out. (KUTV)
- A former legislative staffer accused state Sen. Gene Davis, D-Salt Lake, of inappropriate behavior and said her “boss” at the state Capitol told her to “get over it.” (KUTV)
- First Lady Dr. Jill Biden arrives to Navajo Nation. Dr. Jill Biden will spend the next two days with Navajo leaders. (ABC4)
- Thanks to remote work opportunities, Heber City now ranks fifth in the nation for population growth in the last year. (ABC4)
- Did you know you can collect Utah’s state gemstone at Topaz Mountain? You can, as long as you are not going to resell it. (ABC4)
- FOX 13 Investigates: Utah police chief says he was fired for not writing enough speeding tickets (Fox 13)
- Utah County program provides creative care to senior community during pandemic (Fox13)
- Utah County Republicans to begin voting to fill vacant commission seat (Daily Herald)
- Seven Utah County cities opt in to ranked-choice voting pilot (Daily Herald)
- Utah still near bottom of vaccination rate rankings — and it’s not just because of the young population. A reporting error by Utah health officials occurred in February, but the consequences linger today. (Salt Lake Tribune)
- Utah cases of COVID-19 have hit ‘a clear plateau,’ Gov. Spencer Cox says, stalling their decline. The good news is that Utah has been holding off a surge that other states have seen, state epidemiologist adds.(Salt Lake Tribune)
- Utah’s Chris Stewart got the vaccine but says you shouldn’t shame people who don’t. Sen. Mike Lee, who also was inoculated, says the coronavirus shot should remain a personal choice. (Salt Lake Tribune)
- New Texas COVID-19 variant may resist antibodies, study says. Scientists at Texas A&M University found a new COVID-19 variant that might not be defeated by antibodies. (Deseret News)
- Navajo Nation: No COVID deaths for 11th time in past 12 days (KUTV)
- India reports more than 330,000 new Covid cases, setting a fresh global record (CNBC)
- With Few New Clotting Cases, Johnson & Johnson Pause Could Be Lifted Soon (New York Times)
- COVID-19 found at Everest base camp (The Hill)
- People With Severe COVID-19 Have Higher Risk Of Long-Term Effects, Study Finds (NPR)
- How Covid Upended a Century of Patterns in U.S. Deaths (New York Times)