This week on Utah's longest running political podcast, Bob Bernick and Bryan Schott explain the big stories from the last week in Utah politics.
- The Utah legislature gets underway next week
- Lawmakers are planning major changes to Medicaid expansion passed by voters because they say it will be too expensive. At the same time, they're talking about cutting taxes.
- Social issues will be front and center during this year's session. A bill blocking judges from changing a transgender person's sex on their birth certificate is causing outrage, while two abortion bills have already surfaced.
- We run down our latest poll results.
- Mitt Romney says he doesn't see Republicans breaking with President Trump to end the government shutdown.
- President Donald Trump folds like a cheap suit in his showdown with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi over his State of the Union speech.
- We discuss whether the House should open up impeachment proceedings against President Trump, or should they wait until special counsel Robert Mueller finishes his report.
- Plus, Bryan becomes a star on MSNBC.
UtahPolicy.com's daily email newsletter gets you up to speed with all the important political stories every weekday morning. Subscribe here.
If you like this podcast, leave us a rating and review on Apple Podcasts.
You can subscribe wherever you get your podcasts:
Also available on your favorite podcast app.
If you're interested in becoming a sponsor for our podcast, send us an email.