Gov. Gary Herbert is set to deliver his 10th State of the State address Wednesday night.
Managing Editor Bryan Schott and Contributing Editor Bob Bernick sit down with Herbert ahead of his annual address to discuss some of the most pressing political issues including:
- His push to overhaul the state's sales tax system.
- Adequately funding education
- Tax cuts
- Whether lawmakers should allow Prop. 3 to go into effect or make changes to the voter-approved Medicaid expansion.
- Whether he would veto any attempt to change the dual-track election system for candidates to get on the ballot
- The continuing problems for the Utah GOP
- Whether he would support a so-called "red flag" bill to take guns away from people who are deemed a threat
UtahPolicy.com's daily email newsletter gets you up to speed with all the important political stories every weekday morning. Subscribe here.
If you like this podcast, leave us a rating and review on Apple Podcasts.
You can subscribe wherever you get your podcasts:
Also available on your favorite podcast app.
If you're interested in becoming a sponsor for our podcast, send us an email.