Spencer Stokes of Stokes Strategies fills in for Bob this week. He joins Managing Editor Bryan Schott to discuss the major stories in Utah politics this week.
- New polling shows most Utahns disapprove of President Trump's job performance, and just 38% would vote to re-elect Trump in 2020. Does that spell trouble brewing for Trump next year? Could those numbers help Ben McAdams in next year's re-election bid?
- Ben McAdams votes against a $15 minimum wage, potentially angering some of his supporters. How big of a political price could he pay for voting as a moderate?
- Sen. Mike Lee takes fire from Jon Stewart for holding up a vote on reauthorizing the 9/11 victims fund.
- Rob Bishop says he will make a decision on whether to run for an 11th term in Congress by the end of July.
- Was the media being fair labeling President Trump's tweets attacking four Democratic women of color as "racist"?
- Democratic Thunderdome as the lineups are set for next week's presidential debates.
- Plus, beard care tips.
If you like this podcast, leave us a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. If you leave a 5-star review, we'll send you one of our limited edition "Bernick and Schott on politics" laptop stickers.
You can listen everywhere you get your podcasts:
- iTunes: https://apple.co/2Q86X0J
- Spotify: https://spoti.fi/2nQvawh
- TuneIn: http://bit.ly/2FFVk0v
- Google: http://bit.ly/2Q9eHje
- Stitcher: http://bit.ly/2FPSqGe
Also available on your favorite podcast app.
If you're interested in sponsoring this podcast, send us an email.