Bob Bernick and Bryan Schott break down the latest Utah political headlines.
On this post-Thanksgiving edition of the podcast:
- Lawmakers are getting pressure from their constituents over tax reform because legislative leaders haven't done a good job explaining why it's needed.
- The state is headed for another big budget surplus next year.
- The world turns upside down as the Utah Taxpayer's Association supports a tax hike in Utah County.
- Utah election officials are bracing for big voter turnout numbers next year.
- Supporters will try to ratify the Equal Rights Amendment next year, but don't expect it to pass the legislature.
- Utah moves to ban conversion therapy.
- Impeachment marches forward.
- Republicans think Donald Trump is a better president than Abraham Lincoln.
Plus, Bryan is looking for people who want to discuss the HBO show, Watchmen.
Leave us a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. A 5-star review means we'll send you one of our limited edition "Bernick and Schott on politics" laptop stickers.
You can listen everywhere you get your podcasts:
- iTunes: https://apple.co/2Q86X0J
- Spotify: https://spoti.fi/2nQvawh
- IHeartRadio: https://ihr.fm/2ZHgHqQ
- TuneIn: http://bit.ly/2FFVk0v
- Google: http://bit.ly/2Q9eHje
- Stitcher: http://bit.ly/2FPSqGe
Also available on your favorite podcast app.
If you'd like to get your message to Utah's political movers and shakers by sponsoring this podcast, send us an email.
UtahPolicy.com's daily email newsletter is the must-read news roundup for political junkies. Subscribe here.