Get up to speed on the latest political news with the Friday edition of our news roundup.
Guest co-host Rep. Mike Winder mixes it up with Managing Editor Bryan Schott as they discuss:
- Utah's members of Congress toed the party line in Wednesday's historic vote.
- Ben McAdams may not pay a political price for voting to impeach the president even though he is a Democrat in a Trump district.
- Jerry Nadler dunked on Chris Stewart during floor debate.
- Mike Lee says Nancy Pelosi's delay tactics won't work.
- Tax reform
- Did Gov. Gary Herbert do enough to help the public get on board with the reform effort?
- Polling shows what Utahns wanted out of the tax reform effort. Did lawmakers get there?
- Was a big tax cut the wrong starting point for the whole reform process?
- Congress passes a $1.4 trillion spending bill.
- A federal court struck down the individual mandate in Obamacare. Will that have an impact on Utah?
Plus, a completely spoiler-free discussion of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.
Leave us a rating and review on Apple Podcasts.
You can listen everywhere you get your podcasts:
- iTunes: https://apple.co/2Q86X0J
- Spotify: https://spoti.fi/2nQvawh
- IHeartRadio: https://ihr.fm/2ZHgHqQ
- TuneIn: http://bit.ly/2FFVk0v
- Google: http://bit.ly/2Q9eHje
- Stitcher: http://bit.ly/2FPSqGe
Also available on your favorite podcast app.
If you'd like to get your message to Utah's political movers and shakers by sponsoring this podcast, send us an email.
UtahPolicy.com's daily email newsletter is the must-read news roundup for political junkies. Subscribe here.