Day one of our 2019 Political Bracket Face-Off is in the books. Who is moving on and who is out of the tournament?
- #1 seed Sen. Mitt Romney cruised past Senate Minority Leader Karen Mayne 65-35%
- House Majority Leader Francis Gibson snuck by Rep. Chris Stewart 52-48%.
- House Majority Whip Mike Schultz defeated Rep. Rob Bishop 63-37%.
- Sen. Mike Lee staged a late comeback and knocked off Rep. Tim Hawkes 51-49%.
- Gov. Gary Herbert had an easy win over Tooele County Commissioner Shawn Milne 55-45%.
- Salt Lake County Councilwoman Aimee Winder Newton scored a win over Salt Lake County District Attorney Sim Gill 54-46%.
- Utah County Commissioner Tanner Ainge beat Attorney General Sean Reyes 59-41%.
- Provo Mayor Michelle Kaufusi defeated Salt Lake County Mayor Jenny Wilson 60-40%.
Here's your updated bracket: