Day two of our 2019 Political Bracket Face-Off is done. It was a very good day for local elected officials on Thursday. Results are below:
- Rep. Ben McAdams squeezed past Senate Majority Whip Dan Hemmert 52-48%.
- House Speaker Brad Wilson had no trouble with Sen. Dan Thatcher, winning 76-24%.
- Rep. John Curtis staged a late comeback and beat Senate Majority Leader Evan Vickers 51-49%.
- Senate President Stuart Adams had a tough time against House Minority Leader Brian King but prevailed 51-49%.
- Lt. Gov. Spencer Cox squeaked by Box Elder County Commissioner Stan Summers 50.5% to 49.5%.
- Utah County Commissioner Nathan Ivie beat Treasurer David Damschen 52-48%.
- Davis County Commissioner Randy Elliott defeated Auditor John Dougall 62-38%.
- Davis County Commissioner Bob Stevenson had little trouble beating Salt Lake City Mayor Jackie Biskupski 74-26%.
Here's your updated bracket: