The Eleanor Roosevelt Award is an annual tradition in the Utah Democratic Party that honors a woman in our community in the name of the legendary Democrat and humanitarian. The recipient of this award will personify courage, compassion, and dedication. The 2020 Eleanor Roosevelt nominees will be evaluated by the past recipients based on the following criteria:
- Visibility within the party;
- Visibility within the community;
- Long-term commitment to the Democratic Party;
- Long-term commitment to the issues supported by the Democratic Party; and
- Ability to accept the award virtually at the award ceremony
Nominations will now be accepted until 12:00 pm, Thursday, October 29, 2020.
Past award recipients are: Beverly White, Beverly Saathoff, Lucy Beth Rampton, ShaRon Nelson, Helen James, Louise Henson, Fae Beck, Norma Matheson, Rosa Vida Black, Jan Graham, Judy Ann Buffmire, Karen Shepherd, Esther Landa, Paula Julander, Robyn Matheson, Annette Cumming, Karen Hale, Susan Kuziak, Karen Mayne, Sherrie Swensen, Patrice Arent, The Women’s Democratic Club, Meghan Holbrook, Patricia Jones, JoAnn Seghini, Jill Remington Love, Carol Spackman Moss, Rebecca Chavez-Houck, Josie Valdez, and Jenny Wilson.