Bank of America is seeking driven and engaged local Salt Lake area teens to participate in its Student Leaders program this summer.
As Bank of America continues to expand its community presence and impact in Utah, the company announced it is accepting applications for the 2021 summer Student Leaders program through Friday, January 29, 2021. Now in its second year in Salt Lake City, the eight-week paid summer internship program provides leadership, civic engagement, and workforce skills-building opportunities to local community-minded high school juniors and seniors.
The program is part of the bank’s investment in education and workforce development for young adults to gain job and leadership experience and tools while making a difference in their communities, Program participants will work with a local nonprofit organization, learn about the critical role nonprofits play in addressing community needs and participate in a national leadership summit.
Last year, four Salt Lake City Student Leaders worked with Junior Achievement Utah to create a social media campaign for the nonprofit. Working with seasoned employees, they developed critical workforce, civic, and leadership skills needed to build both thriving careers and communities.
The application for the 2021 Student Leaders program is now open. To become a Student Leader, eligible applicants must:
- Currently be a junior or senior in high school during the 2020-2021 school year
- Be able to participate in an 8-week, paid internship at a local nonprofit organization and work 35 hours a week
- Be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship through the end of September 2021
- Be able to participate in a week-long Student Leaders Summit in Washington, DC* (Summer 2021) (All expenses paid. This week will be part of your 8-week experience.) *Note: in-person events will be in line with local and national guidelines around gatherings and travel and may be subject to change
- Be a student in good standing at your school
- Obtain a letter of recommendation from a teacher, guidance counselor, or school administrator
- Reside in Salt Lake City
High school juniors and seniors interested in this program should apply by this Friday, January 29, by going here.