· Karen Feld, Pleasant Grove Junior High School, Alpine School District
· Vicki Lyons, Lone Peak High School, Alpine School District
· Orson Spencer, Juab High School, Juab School District
2015 Utah Secondary Science Finalists.
· Tom Erekson, Lone Peak High School, Alpine School District
· Maggie Huddleston, Sand Ridge Junior High School, Weber School District
· Carolyn Robertson, Snow Crest Junior High School, Weber School District
· Matthew Smith, Salt Lake Center for Science Education, Salt Lake School District
The Presidential Awards for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching (PAEMST) are the highest honors bestowed by the United States government specifically for K-12 mathematics and science (including computer science) teaching. The award recognizes those teachers who develop and implement a high-quality instructional program that is informed by content knowledge and enhances student learning.
The 2015 PAEMST finalists’ applications will be reviewed by a national selection committee. From these seven finalists, two will be chosen to be the 2015 Utah PAEMST awardees and will receive a certificate signed by the President of the United States, a paid trip for two to Washington, D.C., to attend a series of recognition events and professional development opportunities, and a $10,000 award from the National Science Foundation.