The Salt Lake Chamber Women’s Business Center will host its 39th Annual American Express Women & Business Conference and Wells Fargo ATHENA Awards Luncheon on Tuesday, November 17th, 2015 at the Little America Hotel & Tower.
The conference will have with inspirational speakers and informative breakout sessions designed to honor and strengthen the place of women in the workplace. As well as, celebrate extraordinary leaders who foster an environment where women in our community can thrive.
The schedule for the event is as follows (breakout session and speaker information can be found at slchamber.com):
- All Women Can Be Extraordinary Leaders, presented by Dr. Cecelia (Cece) Foxley, Former Utah Commissioner of Higher Education & CEO to the State Board of Regents
- Women as Technology Leaders, presented by Cyd Tetro
- Find More Balance and Feel Less Guilt, presented by Nicole Carpenter, MOMentity
- Marriage of Communicating: Bridging the Gap Between Verbal & Social Media Skills, presented by Abby Bonnel, iHeartMedia, Inc.
- Don’t Think Small. Go Global!, presented by Maxine Turner, Cuisine Unlimited Catering & Special Events/ US Welcome Pavilion
- Where are the Women in Politics?, presented by Dr. Jessica Preece, Department of Political Science, Brigham Young University
- The Power of a Bullet-Proof Brand, presented by Asenath Horton, City Launch PR
- Mission: Unite Diversity, presented by Colonel Kristin Streukens, Commander, 151st Operations Group, Utah National Guard
- Recruiting Beyond the C-Suite, presented by Dr. Christy Glass, Utah State University
Karen Gunn, Associate Provost of Economic Development and Business Partnerships, Salt Lake Community College; Executive Director of Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Business Program, Salt Lake Community College was honored as the as the 2015 ATHENA Award recipient. The ATHENA award is a prestigious national award presented annually to an active member of the Salt Lake Chamber who demonstrates excellence, creativity and initiative in business. They must also provide valuable service by devoting time and energy to improve the quality of life for others in the community and assists women in reaching their full leadership potential.
In addition to the ATHENA Award, five women will receive Pathfinder Awards at the conference. The Pathfinder Awards are presented annually to community leaders who create new paths promoting the development and recognition of women in business. The five Pathfinder recipients include the following:
- Rebecca Dutson, Executive Vice President and COO, United Way of Salt Lake
- Jodi Holmgren, Director of Business Development and Marketing, Durham Jones & Pinegar
- Cathy Keen, Vice President and Senior Private Banker, Wells Fargo Private Bank
- Fraser Nelson, Director of Data and Innovation, Salt Lake County Mayor’s Office
- Kathy Ricci, CEO and Executive Director, Microenterprise Loan Fund
The event was sponsored by: American Express, Wells Fargo, CBRE, Chase, City Creek Center, Questar, Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses, RC Willey, KNRS, Avalanche Studios, Enterprise Newspaper Group, Intermountain Healthcare, Larry H. Miller Group Companies, Progrexion, Rio Tinto Kennecott and Utah Media Group.
For more information: http://slchamber.com/ATHENA/