Open spaces are valuable assets and integral to the quality of life that the residents of Cottonwood Heights enjoy. Parks, natural trails, the foothills and other open spaces are central to the community’s identity.
The Cottonwood Heights Community and Economic Development Department (CHED) will host an open Space Open House on Thursday, Sept. 28 from 5-7 p.m. at Cottonwood Heights City Hall (2277 E. Bengal Blvd.) to get feedback and suggestions from the community.
Everyone is invited to attend the open house to help city officials create an Open Space Master Plan that reflects the community’s vision for the future of open space in the city.
“The master plan will be a visionary approach to guiding open space planning in the community and into the future,” says CHED Director Brian Berndt. “The plan is a city initiative that will provide the city decision makers with guidance to develop an interconnected system of passive and active open spaces and natural trails for the benefit of residents and visitors alike.”
Among other things, the Open Space Master Plan will:
· Create a vision statement to guide the open space planning process
· Establish a public participation program suited to the outcome of the plan
· Create a plan for management and possible acquisition of open space
· Preserve open space and natural trail corridors for future generations
· Enhance safe connections between open space, natural trails and the built environment
For more information, contact Brian Berndt at 801-944-7066 or [email protected].